Monday, April 26, 2010

the reflection of the triangle in the circle fascinated me and i conspired to toss the glass piece toward the reflection the interesting thing was that the reflection could not be seen until the painting rendered .... like the glaze ... in the story as I was modeling the dome shape used for the hair piece in hexagon and I went back and forth between the renders setup and the modeling program ... the thistle model was slowly coming to life in hexagon so i sent a few exports on the way to completion ... that gave me a dried sort of feel to the thistle ... I adjusted the render and saw it could be a fly trap ... immediately springtwitter came to mind and it gave me another platform in the story and an opportunity for another vehicle ... the rescue vehicle, as it came to pass I had duplicated the dome and it tied WAY BACK to some works I did in the early eighties so i decided to make a seedpod style vehicle like a balloon and make it come to springtwitters rescue

2 comments:

Andrew Finnie said...

Hahha! Now I see your work I understand. :) There's a superb sense of playfullness happening, eh? It's wonderful how you are taking Carrara to a differnt level.

I'm using 12 gig ram and it works a zillion times faster than it used to. But C8 will be 64 bit.

I habe a list of enviable artists on my blog which you will be on so I can keep an eye on you. :)

Nice work. Very strange and good.

Strange is good.

cheers

andrew :)

lorena said...

LOVE IT!! is my cup of tea!!! such a fantasy world , especially I like that flower at the front that looks like a tribal cute little monster with a lance. lol would like to live in your head.